Autocomplete combobox

rickyd

Programming Experience
10+
Hello.

I am using VB.Net 2002 and want to know how to make a combobox do autocomplete like the ones in Access does.

I can't believe Microsoft have come this far with development and yet the combobox stays in the dark ages.

I might be missing something. If I'm right in my assumption does anyone know how to make a VB.Net combobox do autocomplete?

kind regards,

Ricky

FYI: Microsoft has finally stepped out of the darkages with the .NET framework V2 and included an Autocomplete Combobox.

My guess as to why it hasn't been included before is that it's so simple to create classes such as this. Including it in the framework only makes the framework that much larger, which many people also complain about. I guess they can't win either way.

A quick google for "VB.NET autocomplete comboBox" will give many solutions. Choose the one that best suits your needs.

Reply to Ventashar

Ventashar said:
ya wouldn't wanna post that code so i don't have to go search for it too wouldja
Actually Ventashar I'm now using the one that is at http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/autocomplete_combobox.asp

as mentioned in one of the other replies to my original thread. It works pretty much the same except the first one I tried didn't have any code for the Leave even of the combo box. This one here is more complete I think.

kind regards,

Ricky

Back