aspx page won't run

Anne Marie

Programming Experience
5-10
I've developed a web app using vstudio .net 2002 on Windows XP. My app runs perfectly fine on my machine.

I've copied my project files to a windows 2000 web server. I've created an application and the aspx filter is visible for all the extensions. Still, IIS 5.0 on web server won't run default.aspx, but if I rename it default.htm it will run.

I suspect there is a configuration issue somewhere. Can someone point me in a direction. I've tried several things already for a week and still no luck. I need help. Thank you.

JohnH,

Well in Anne Marie's last post it doesn't look like she has created the application, or knows where to...

Last edited by a moderator:
TPM -- Check out my first post where it says I've created the application. Thanks for the screen shot though.

John H -- I looked up MapPath function, however, after reading several articles, was still not sure of what the code should be or where it goes. I suspected it would be code-behind. I'll look at the code that is automatically generated and see where there is reference to a physical file system path.

No, it isn't a domain controller. Believe it or not, I am still unable to get the aspx page to work.

Now I'm getting "Page not found." I can actually display default.aspx on the production server. I put a button on default.aspx with Response.write to display a message "you clicked the button." When I click on the button, it says "Page not found".

I've done everything I can think of and am still unable to get a aspx page to run on the production server!!!

This sounds like an ntfs security issue to me. Does your application folder allow access by the asp.net machine account?

Back