ASP.NET Data Source Management ?

Idodontnet

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

I have been doing VB.Net (local apps) for some time and have never had any concerns of managing Data Source as they tend to show up at the bottom of the designer staying off the form im building.

However in ASP.Net (VB) when I add a Data Source to a webpage it and all the Data Source I have/need showup right on the desing layout page (what a pain and mess)

- Is there a better way to do Data Source?
- Would be nice to have them all on the left side in the -Solution Explorer-
-YES YES.. I know you can add a -DataSet- to the AppCode folder in Solution Explorer but then to make use of that DataSet you must add a -ObjectDataSource- to the Page/Design.. Again making a mess out of things.

Below is an idea of what I'm looking for and there maybe a way to do it or something similar I just don't know how to do it.. and if there is a better way to add and use data sources to ASP.NET(web) please let me know...

-A big mess over time-
messy_dbcon.gif

-Is there a way to do this??-
whycant.gif

Thanks
Shane

You can always either create the datasource objects programatically in your code-behind or even better you can use Shared functions of DataTable/DataSet datatype.
As you see you don't have to necessary use the SqlDataSource objects. Rather as i explained you can use a Class (App_Code) containing Shared functions.

Back