Question application validation did not succeed unable to continue

Huorpoeun

Programming Experience
Beginner
Dear all, now I am facing with this issue a few week and not yet resolved after I published to server and then installed file setup.exe, but it always show this message " application validation did not succeed unable to continue" and the below when click show detail. Thanks!

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.3928.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfdll.dll : 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/huor/Desktop/Chamroeun%20Setup/CML_Application.application
Deployment Provider url : file://192.168.1.10/Publisher/CML%20Deployment/Chamreoun%20Application/CML_Application.application
Application url : file://192.168.1.10/Publisher/CML%20Deployment/Chamreoun%20Application/Application%20Files/CML_Application_1_0_0_288/CML_Application.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : CML_Application.application, Version=1.0.0.288, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : CML_Application.exe, Version=1.0.0.288, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\huor\Desktop\Chamroeun Setup\CML_Application.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ File, Manual_Report.xls, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [28-01-2021 8:58:14 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\huor\Desktop\Chamroeun Setup\CML_Application.application has started.
* [28-01-2021 8:58:15 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [28-01-2021 8:58:15 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [28-01-2021 8:58:15 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [28-01-2021 8:58:18 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [28-01-2021 8:58:18 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [28-01-2021 9:00:14 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- File, Manual_Report.xls, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

The error message says that your XLS file has the wrong hash, which indicates that the file present during installation is somehow different to the file that was present during publishing. I suggest that you republish and pay specific attention to that file and that it doesn't change or how it could have changed. You could also compare the two files to see exactly what change has occurred, which might lead you to an understanding of how it happened.

The error message says that your XLS file has the wrong hash, which indicates that the file present during installation is somehow different to the file that was present during publishing. I suggest that you republish and pay specific attention to that file and that it doesn't change or how it could have changed. You could also compare the two files to see exactly what change has occurred, which might lead you to an understanding of how it happened.
Dear jmcillhinney,

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback, I will check it again with file excel XLS. Thanks!

I'm not sure whether this would have any bearing on your issue or not but I would suggest that you set the file's Copy to Output Directory property to Copy if Newer in the Solution Explorer and make absolutely sure that it's not open in Excel or any other application when you perform the build and publish.

I'm not sure whether this would have any bearing on your issue or not but I would suggest that you set the file's Copy to Output Directory property to Copy if Newer in the Solution Explorer and make absolutely sure that it's not open in Excel or any other application when you perform the build and publish.
Ok noted. Thanks!

Dear Jmcilhinney,

I already followed you, did the same you mentioned, but it cannot help me.

Were you able to compare the two files - not just the data but at the byte level? Were you able to detect any differences?
Yes, I see that the two files are different with data and byte level, but I don't know which point that cause error. I also tried to replace with old file, but still get the error.

Back