application shutdown .net 2003

geekwannabe

Programming Experience
10+
I'm following a tutorial that was written for .net2005 but I'm using .net2003. I need to change the application shutdown so my app stays up after I close the initial form.

The property described in the article does not exist. How would I achieve this in vb.net 2003?

thanks in advance.

http://www.vbmysql.com/articles/vbdotnet-mysql/the-vbnet-mysql-tutorial-part-4/

==Snipped from article ==

First we need to change the Shutdown mode of our application. By default an application closes when its startup form closes, but in our case we will be closing frmLogin early on and this will not work (there are alternatives such as having frmMain call frmLogin at startup and closing it upon a successful login). Choose the Properties option of the Project menu and make sure the Application tab is active.
Change the Shutdown mode from When startup form closes to When last form closes and close the properties window. Our application will now wait until the last form closes before ending. We need to make sure that all forms are closed when we are finished with them and not just hidden. One hidden but not closed form could leave our application running when the end user thinks the application has terminated.

There is no similar functionality in VS.NET 2003 so your quote is not needed.

You would have to start your app from a Main method and manage your forms from there. As long as the method is still being executed your app is still running. You can pass your first form to Application.Run, then when that form closes you call Application.Run again and pass it a new form.

Back