Application bar

Don P

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need my form to act as an application bar, I located it at the bottom of the desktop just above the taskbar. Now, what I need it to do is not to be on top of the icons or any other window opened but instead those icons or programs to go up a little so they fit with my form....

You'll need to use APIs to tell the OS that your app is an AppBar.

There's a C# example at codeproject: ApplicationDesktopToolbar

I'm currently working on porting it to VB.NET and am almost finished. I will post it when I'm done.

Did you get the flickering problem taken care of?

I havent solved that flickering problem. If you could help me with something I would appreciatte it very much. Thanks for the link I'll check it right away.

Paszt said:
You'll need to use APIs to tell the OS that your app is an AppBar.

There's a C# example at codeproject: ApplicationDesktopToolbar

I'm currently working on porting it to VB.NET and am almost finished. I will post it when I'm done.

Did you get the flickering problem taken care of?

Did you make any progres on this one? Looking for the exact same thing... maybe we can sort it out together.

That would be great! I did some progress on my attempt to do it in VB.net, but i still cannot work out certain things... so your port would hopefully sort out all those things still unclear to me :)

1. Setting my Forms startup position conflicts with resizing the 'legal workingarea'

2. Resizing the workingarea works, but i'm unable to reduce windows taskbars width for the amount of space i' reducing desktops width.

B.

Back