An error with a user control

gunslinger

Programming Experience
1-3
I am creating a user control for a project because I want to reuse it in the future. I managed to create one and build it and then I inserted it into a form to test it. It worked fine. I then created another control (the first was just to test the water), my real one and built it. When I try to insert it into a form I get the following error message:

“Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND).

I did a google search and there is very little (about 4 pages i think) except for the same error happening in MS Excel which was no help.

anyone come across this issue before?

answers on a postcard

thanks

akf

user control error

Sorry. I will give a bit of background to make my situation more clear. I have done a project recently in VB6 as an activeX. Then I inserted this activeX into a separate project, and a few other projects as well.

Now while I have a bit of spare time at work (waiting for the next contracts to roll in) I am rewriting my app in dot net. So what I have done is the same as before. I have two projects, one is defined as a windows control library and the other one just a normal exe (windows form) project.

Both projects compile fine on there own. I get the error when I go into the second project and select my compiled control from the toolbox under the "my user controls" tab.

I have two other controls and these can be inserted with no problems, but I can't see what difference there is between the code. The only thing (and this might be the root of the problem) is that I made a temporary change to the control that generates the error and I wanted to be able to roll back so I saved it as uctCreateBatch2.vb as opposed to uctCreateBatch.vb. I then replaced all the entries in the code that had the original filename. Since I liked my changes I then resaved it back to utcCreateBatch and again replaced the entries in the code with uctCreateBatch again. The control compiles without error. There is quite a bit of code and I don't really want to start a new control from scratch. I have tried creating a new control and then copying my code across but to no avail.

I can send the code if anybody wants anything further to look at.

Thanks, hopefully this post is more specific.

akf

Back