Ajax.net

napoleonjones

Programming Experience
Beginner
I believe I made a mistake by installing AJAX.NET framework 3.5 instead of the older version, but now it will not let me uninstall 3.5. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thats what I thought, but I cannot get it to work at all. I can't even get the tools to show up in the toolbox. I follow the instructions listed and that got me nowhere. I'm not at my computer right now so I can give you the exact error I'm getting but it was something along the lines of unable to locate system.web.extensions.dll. The other error I get is 'there are no tools that can be added to the toolbox'. Both of these error occur when I am trying to add the tools to the toolbox.

aahhh, yeah, I got that when I had to reinstall my comp. You need to download Microsoft Web Services 3.0 and install it. Afterwards, make sure this is referenced by your project. As for the toolbox, I think the AJAX installation puts something into the Start\Programs menu that registers the components with visual studio

Thank you very much! I will try this when I get home. This is actually my first time using asp.net so I'm learning as I go. I've been using vb.net for a few years, but some of the asp stuff is really confusing. I'm starting to understand it a lot better now.

thank you

Back