Question After Splash-screen shows, Main form is in the back

Streen

Programming Experience
3-5
I am having the following problem:

I have a splash screen, the default from Visual studio.
It loads up, is shown for a few seconds, then, when it disappears, the main form is loaded. Now here is the problem: the main form appears in the back, behind the windows explorer window I load the application from.

The weird thing is that this only happens on some computers, particularly Windows XP machines.

I tried a lot of things like BringToFront() or TopMost = true in the on Load event of the form but nothing seems to change this.

Any ideas?

How exactly are you showing the splash screen? Are you using your own code or have you selected the splash screen in the Application Framework section of the project properties?

I set it up a while ago, so I am not 100% sure what steps I took, but I used the project menu to add a splash screen to the application, I made some esthetical changes to it. In the project properties, at the bottom, i set the splash screen to "SplashScreen1" (yeah, i did not even change the name of it)

So I pretty much took the easy standard approach using Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition.

Not sure if this helps, but I actually just found out that if I click on the given splashscreen while it is there, this behavior does not happen.

Back