Adding Equipment/Items to an RPG

Adrammelech

Programming Experience
Beginner
Im workin on a very simple RPG and I need to know what the best way to add equipment/items so they can be edited or added easily. I dont know of any good ways of doing this so I need a lot of help.

I don't exactly know what you mean. Do you want the equipment to be 'edited' in-game? I'm assuming not..?

I would create a class that would hold all the information neccessary. This information would include Name, Price, Attack/Defense, MagicalAttack/Defence, etc. Then I would add each piece of armor to an array. Your inventory would be another Array. It would be pretty simple to get items from the masterequipmentarray, and add them to your inventory. Equipment would have to be done a little differently, but shouldn't be difficult.

Note: The Windows Forms section is probably not the best place to post this particular question.

Note: The Windows Forms section is probably not the best place to post this particular question.

Sorry I didn't see anywhere else to put it. And I want the equipment like the game Kingdom of Loathing if you've heard of it. I need: Weapon Name, Weapon description, Weapon Effect, and Weapon Strength. I'm a begginer at VB.NET and I've never used arrays so I'll have to look into that.

Back