add text to image in picture box and printing that text

bayat2000

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm still pretty new to programming so please bare with me and any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated. I have a program in which the user loads an image which is displayed in a picturebox. The user can then print this image from their printer. I would like to add controls which will allow the user to click anywhere in the picture box and then type text which will be printed on the image when the image is later printed.
Is this something that would be fairly simple to do? Any one know of a tutorial or guide that will walk me through the process of doing something like this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Bayat​

Firstly, please post each question once and once only. Choose the most appropriate forum and post only there. If you change your mind on what is the best forum, use the Report Post link to ask a moderator. You other threads on this topic have been deleted.

As for the question, you would use a TextBox to enter the text as usual. You can handle the appropriate event of the appropriate control to detect the location of the mouse click and then display a TextBox at the appropriate location. After the text is entered, you can remove the TextBox and draw the text on the control or the image. I'd suggest the control first and then the image only when actually printing. You can check this out for an example of drawing on a PictureBox and the Image it contains:

Very Simple Drawing Program

Back