ActiveX Control in VB.NET

jpdbay

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi all,

How to create ActiveX in vb.net? can I call DLL function from using ActiveX? Could any1 correct me if my statement is wrong n give me a guideline?:confused:

rgds,
jpdbay

Thank u for correcting me. how do I call DLL functions in web based application? I need to call smart card function in my app. How do I start? any ideas or ref website? TQ.

rgds,
jpdbay

You add a reference to the DLL to your project and then treat the types it contains as you would any other. All the types you use by default are only available because the IDE adds those references by default. That's the case in WinForms anyway, and I'm fairly sure ASP.NET is the same.

hi jmcilhinney,

I really don't get ur idea. What I'm trying to do is calling DLL functions in web browser. how do I start and what are the steps involved? kindly correct me again if I'm wrong as i'm newbie .NET platform.:confused: Thank u.

rgds,
jpdbay

I can't seem to figure out how to programmatically create a new instance of the AX webbrowser control. I can create and use my other AX controls, but I can't get the axwebbrowser. I added it in through the COM tab, everything APPEARS to be referenced. I can place the control on a windows form through the GUI with no problems at all, but I cannot seem to do it programmatically. Ideas????

Back