Active directory? on what base does it connect.

RTT

Programming Experience
Beginner
here is my current situation. I develop a program on my computer's localhost. From there i contact Active directory succesfull using a connectionstring like: LDAP://OU=BE,OU=SE,DC=eu,DC=aagp,DC=corp. This works fine. My computer is in and OU under the BE folder, and so is my User. I have no problems connecting to the Active Directory.

But now that my code is finished i want to put it online on one of the company servers. but when i use the connectionstring there it gives an error that "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted".

As i was programming i noticed that i couldn't reach branches of the Active directory that were above my branch... and maybe the problem here could be the same, that the server isn't in a correct place to use the connectionstring. On what base does .NET connect to Active directory using the LDAP-string?
When i checked the active directory i saw that the server is under the same branch as my computer i use to develop. My computer is under LDAP://OU=Laptops,OU=BE,OU=SE,DC=eu,DC=aagp,DC=corp and the server is under LDAP://OU=Server,OU=BE,OU=SE,DC=eu,DC=aagp,DC=corp. Seen that my computer can connect from there i don't think it would be a problem for the server since it's under the same branch.... Maybe some kind of user-based error?

If i know on what base LDAP connects with the Active Directory, then maybe i could find out what the problem is...

Back