Access/DataGridView not updating

Dave_e

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also new to VB.Net so please be gentle.

I'm hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction because I'm a little confused about a DataGridView I've added to my Form (VB 2005 Express Edition)

So far I have nothing fancy, just a basic Form and within this form is the DataGridView.

I done the following steps and the database displays fine.

1. Added DataGridView
2. Clicked add Project Data Source
3. Selected Database
4. Changed the connection to New DataBase (Access)
5. Browsed and located the Database successfully
6. Tested the connection successfully

I run the Form and it displays fine.

Now my problem is that when ever I update the Access database (from within Access) it doesn't update when I run the Form.

I've been trying/searching etc but I don't know how to do this. Its probably something very simple.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Many Thanks

D

wachob2008

I am looking for the same kind of help, using VB.net 2008. I cannot seem to get my form to update a new record I enter. I need the code behind the AddNew button, and the Save button as well.
Robert

vb.net update database guide me through?

Would you be able to guide me through using VB.net 2008 for updating an access database on a form?

Each resource seems to have a different coding example. I just want to use the table adapter or dataset method, and to display the results on the form when I AddNew records.
Thanks.
Robert

read the DNU button in my signature. sorry the original question went unanswered; its perhaps the most common question we get asked.

for a step by step on how to do data access, read the dw2 link in my signature, start wiht the section "Creating a Simple Data App"

Back