2015 VS- installShield issue

mrRogers

Programming Experience
3-5
Loaded a project and selected File,New,Project-then cant seem to find Other Project Types to choose Setup and Deployment node so I can enable it. I am sure this is basic but can not seem to dial in on solution. thanks for any help.

yes it is community. I guess I will have to see if "ClickOnce" can deploy an application with an access datatable included.

yes it is community. I guess I will have to see if "ClickOnce" can deploy an application with an access datatable included.

It can. Follow the first link in my signature to learn how to manage local data files. An Access database added to a project should be automatically flagged as a data file and thus be installed in the data directory by ClickOnce. If you use "|DataDirectory|" for the folder path in your connection string then it will work without change in both debugging and after release.

Read and watched a lot of good references and can deploy projects with clickOnce if they do not have an Access table embedded. Works perfect before compiled. Looked into the Bin folder and it is there. Error says it can not find it. Should I be looking in ClickOnce set up? should I select additional imported namespaces listed under references?

There's no "embedded" Access table. You add the Access data file to your project, set a couple of properties and it just works. If it's not working for you then most likely you did something wrong during that process. Firstly, have you checked whether the Access data file is included in the publish? There's a Publish page in the project properties and you should have had a thorough look through that by now, which includes the Application Files list.

The data file is included in the Publish, Application Files. The address that the error says it can not locate the data table in is extremely long and after the third folder- truly does not exist. The address is 11 folders deep with odd names until it gets to the .accdb at the end.

Back