Question Windows forms drawing

chandanshukla2007

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I have developed an application where i am drawing line using the mouse like a pen (it can be of any shape). i want to save the location of the object and redraw it later using the drawn location saved on any xml or text file. Instead of saving the edited image i want to save the location only to save the space in the sql server.
So any suggestion on how i can regenrate the drawn object or line , using the saved location in xml or text file. Any example(in vb or c#) will be very help full .

How are you drawing it in the first place? Whatever data you're using to represent the drawing, save that and then use it the very same way later on. I'd expect that it would be an array of Point values.

Hi jmcilhinney,
Well i am drawing it on an image that is placed on an picturebox control. I dont want to save the edited image as Image file(.JPG). Instead of that i want to save only the location of the drawn object on some xml file and regenerate the drawn object at the same location on the same image. So that the image should not be edited since if i will save the edited image then the disk cost will come so high.
for eg: if 100 user edited the same image and save in the disk , the size will be multiplied by 100(1mb*100). Thats why i just want to save the location and redraw the same when users open it back.

Back