windows authentication

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Everyone,

When i deploy a winform app, is there something similar to asp.net with windows authentication where i could set who will have access to this program?

Thanks.

Windows Authentication

Hello

I am also looking for a similar solution.

Is there a way I can implement Windows Authentication in my VB.NET application (Windows Forms)?

I am using SQL Server as the database.

I know it can be done for ASP.NET applications, but how do I do it for desktop applications?

All advice is solicited :)

I too am looking at trying to authenticate with Active Directory users!!!

I have found articles on MSDN that show you how to authenicate to the local computer users, but I need to use domain level authentication.

If someone has any links please post them, I can't find anything on the net due to not being able to phrase the search correctly!

Thanks guys & girls, :)
Luke

Windows Authentication

Hello V-B_New-B

Can you please point me towards -
1. Authenticating to the local computer users (see your earlier post)
2. Through SQL Server

TIA

Hi Rajya,

what I did was create users on the SQL Server using Enterprise Manager. Users is located under your SQL Server -> Security -> Logins.

Create a new login, and tick "SQL Authentication". Then on the database tab, click the databases you want that user to access.

Once this is done, I then used a document on MSDN to use a login screen that looks at the logins on the server.
This document can be found: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/using/building/windows/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/dpapiusercredentials.asp

You will need to sit and work out what each section does, I basically copy and pasted all the programming from the document to my project, changed the database / IP settings as necessary, and then printed out the programming, looked at it, worked out what it does and made other changes from there.

Hope that helps
Luke

Latest posts

Back