Which language I can depend on

White Meteor

Programming Experience
Beginner
Can I depend on VB.net and choose it to be my language and begin to learn it solely.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Arkette

Programming Experience
10+
Presumably you're worried that you'll spend weeks/months learning vb.net and then it will be superceded by something new and you will have wasted your time. Well to a certain extent, that's just life at the edge in the epoch -technologica. I can't even begin to tell you how much redundant knowledge I have rattling around in my head; except of course that it's not really redundant, because each stage in the development of any technology builds on what went before.

JuggaloBrotha

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
I would say vb.net is always a good language to learn, even if it is later replaced

wizzardmr42

Programming Experience
10+
At the end of the day, once you have learnt one language, it is a lot easier to learn another.

binold

Programming Experience
1-3
Learn Java which has a high demand today like VB.NET and if you learned or mastered Java most of the other programming languages out there would be a piece of cake. Also, VB.NET would be a piece of cake too if you already learned a language like Java.

Lots of people will agree with me, but also lots of ignorant people would take this post offensive because they only know is VB6 or VB.NET. No flaming, for me this is a mere fact.

denofdona

Programming Experience
1-3
One language evolve to another..

So its always good to learn the basics..

Learning something will never be a waste..

se7en

Programming Experience
1-3
yeah once you know one language it is very easy to learn another one!

Hack

Programming Experience
10+
SQL - that is a language that every programmer should know, even if you do limited work with databases.

SQL and another language (VB.NET is a good one) is very nice toolbox to have. Even i you later replace VB.NET with something else, SQL will always be there.

bdinnocenzo

Programming Experience
5-10
Above all else, learn English. I mean this seriously! I have dealt with so many technology people who, although are very bright when it comes to applying logic and innovation to solve problems, couldn't communicate either written or verbally effectively. In the end their ideas or concepts get lost which is a real shame.

Top Bottom