Where to find .NET EF help?

dissfigured

Programming Experience
10+
I have been writing software for about 10 years. Mostly VB6 and I have done a lot of VB.NET but I guess, I have been writing glorified VB6 code in my VB.NET environment at past jobs.

At a new Job and they have ideablade devforce entity framework and I have no clue what is going on. I feel dumb because I am not sure if the things I don't understand are devforce stuff or .NET stuff that I just have never used.

I have always just written code, used command objects that called stored procs...

Everything here is domain models, object mappers, entity managers, and the code no longer looks like code I have seen before. It isn't like before where I can just read the code and see step by step logic that tells the story of what is being done.

It is objects being passed different objects, and mapped to other objects, and I just don't get it. The devforce version of linq is frustrating because if I want to go to the server and run the sql code to see what is being retreived, I have to navigate to a directory and open an xml file that contains the SQL and copy it.

Anyone know of a crash course where I can ramp up on this stuff? And is this all.NET now or is the devforce stuff?

I am thinking it might be time for a career change at this point if this is where it is all going.

I can't go to classes (2 kids and wife works nights) I would like some step by step video tutorials that are dumbed down I guess. I went to idea blade site and watched their videos but they begin at such an advanced level that I felt behind from the get go.

Back