Where can i find the new 3d style forms and buttons like Vista or Office XP?

Greasy

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am looking to delve into programming and have been learning VB.Net, However the standard issue buttons and forms are just that, standard. I am looking for the ability to program my forms so that they look modern and graphically appealing.

Where can i find these icons and buttons to spice up my apps?

Are there any tutorials on how to change my forms to look more stylish, such as outlook, Vista, Media player 10, and Messenger?

Good question. Ive always wondered this...

As far as Vista goes, it comes from using the MS default coponents... when Vista rolls out, the components will update themselves.

other than that, look for any third party that supplies such things. ComponentOne, Infragistiscs... places like that.

-tg

well the buttons themselves - arent they contained with DLL's that are native to windows? We just call them ?

So they cant be manipulated, unless you create a button or "skin" for the program. Thats my logic anyways.

well the buttons themselves - arent they contained with DLL's that are native to windows? We just call them ?

So they cant be manipulated, unless you create a button or "skin" for the program. Thats my logic anyways.

Well yes, but you have to have the OS with those DLL's installed. For example, the only reason we have those nice WinXP style buttons is because of ComCtl32.DLL. What techgnome says is correct, when you get windows vista, buttons will then look like the ones on vista.

i think my words may not have conveyed what i mean, because i completely agree with what you said. as in, the OS controls those DLLs ... you cant include the DLL in the file to change it. thats all :)

Back