What does VS do when testing code?

junfanbl

Programming Experience
1-3
When you click the "Play" button in VS to test your code does it write to the registry to do so?

Why do you think it would write to the Registry? What exactly would it be writing? When you run your project VS will build it if required, execute the compiled EXE and then attach its debugger.

If you have a class library project that is marked "Register for COM Interop", and VS is run as administrator (elevated), then building it will add it to registry also. In such case if VS is run non-elevated then you will get error from VS saying that it cannot register it because of access denied to registry.

If you have a class library project that is marked "Register for COM Interop", and VS is run as administrator (elevated), then building it will add it to registry also. In such case if VS is run non-elevated then you will get error from VS saying that it cannot register it because of access denied to registry.
I'm getting the feeling that there was some assumed knowledge in the OP of this thread. Either that or you really do have ESP.

I'm getting the feeling that there was some assumed knowledge in the OP of this thread. Either that or you really do have ESP.
There were two previous threads about this recently, I presumed that was what OP meant here also :)

Back