Wanted: "Tracked changes, Accept, Reject, Previous, Next" feature, like in MS Word

Keith Howard

Programming Experience
5-10
Wanted: "Tracked changes, Accept, Reject, Previous, Next" feature, like in MS Word

Hello,
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct location, but, arguably, it relates to the VS IDE, so here we are.
I am looking for a product that enables a code reviewer to review, and accept or reject, every change to any .vb file that another developer that he/she is managing makes. I am working with an outsourcing company currently, and I have implemented quite rigorous coding standards. I want to review each modification that the outsourcing company makes, to maintain a high standard of quality control.
As I indicated in the title to this thread, MS Word does exactly what I need, but it does it for Word documents, not for .vb files.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Keith

You would need to use some sort of source control system, e.g. Subversion or Team Foundation Server. We use Visual SVN Server here at work along with TortoiseSVN on each client and AnkhSVN for VS integration. I've never tried to apply such fine-grained control as you're describing but I think that the TortoiseSVN Diff tools may help you do what you want. TFS may also have some tools that I'm not aware of to track and approve each individual change.

Back