VScrollbar scrolls with Left/Right arrows

simon27

Programming Experience
5-10
I have a fairly simple VScrollbar problem: the Scroll event triggers when ANY arrow key is pushed, including left and right... I need it to trigger only when up/down arrow keys are pushed (which, I hope, is the default behaviour).

Essentially all I do is declare a VScroll As System.Windows.Form.VScrollBar

and later I have a Private Sub VScrollBar_Scroll (...) Handles VScroll.Scroll

that manages the event.

I noticed also that the left/right arrow scrolling is by a smaller increment than the up/down scrolling. All of this seems to happen in a very "black box" kind of way, I can't find any way of determining what should trigger the scroll event.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

I have a fairly simple VScrollbar problem: the Scroll event triggers when ANY arrow key is pushed, including left and right... I need it to trigger only when up/down arrow keys are pushed (which, I hope, is the default behaviour).

Essentially all I do is declare a VScroll As System.Windows.Form.VScrollBar

and later I have a Private Sub VScrollBar_Scroll (...) Handles VScroll.Scroll

that manages the event.

I noticed also that the left/right arrow scrolling is by a smaller increment than the up/down scrolling. All of this seems to happen in a very "black box" kind of way, I can't find any way of determining what should trigger the scroll event.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

I wrote a simple empty application with a VScrollBar and an HScrollBar, and it seems that this is normal behaviour... the first created of the two will trigger a scroll on all arrow key events...

So I guess that changes my question: How do I make an Hscrollbar and a Vscrollbar and make sure that the left/right triggers Hscrollbar's scroll and up/down triggers Vscrollbar's scroll?

Back