Resolved VS2010 WinForms App connect to dll on webserver

JuggaloBrotha

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
I have a desktop WinForms app that I would like to be able to connect to my Sql Server database that I have through my GoDaddy webhost. Problem is not all ISP's forward the 1433 port (like mine) so I can't connect directly to the DB from any of my home computers without buying the expensive dedicated IP address package, which has me thinking since my website can connect directly to the DB I was wondering if it might be possible for me to make a dll that would have all of the database interaction through subs and functions and all my WinForms app would have to do is connect to that dll through http or something, anyone know if I could do something along those lines?

Reason for this is I would like other people to be able to connect to this database (the winforms app would have screens for creating and managing accounts, etc) without worrying about whether their ISP would block the DB port(s) it would just work.

Also I can't make this app a webapp either.

I'm afraid that that question makes no sense.

not sir i mean on dll project while after we make class and that thing is connect with main form so as you know....it's can read by main project or call project class from dll heheheh sorry newbie(i can't call that thing on the mixed project(main project and library class project(dll) that i mean....

Sorry, there's obviously a language barrier but I still don't know exactly what you're asking. It doesn't sound like it's specifically relevant to this topic though.

Back