Visual Styles gone retarded

SaintJimmy

Programming Experience
5-10
I've been working on a program for several weeks now, and I'm programming with VB.NET on version 1.1 of the .NET framework. I'm enabling visual styles by using the EnableVisualStyles() method.

This has worked fine until now, and I can't think of anything I could have done to break it, but all the button type controls I have on my forms are reverting back to the pre-visual styles rendering. And this is happening on every single form in my project. And it's only the buttons (and derived controls like GroupBox, RadioButton, etc.). All other controls are still rendering XP style.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If anyone's got an idea what might have caused this, please clue me in.

Helps, but has some side-effects

Neal said:
I don't recommend the EnableVisualStyles in VS 2003, can be buggy/tricky! I suggest this third party component by SkyBound called VisualStyles.

Not a bad component there. But it's basically doing whatever it wants to do with my read-only textboxes. Even if I turn the visual style enhancements off for them, it still messes with the colors and stuff.

I suppose I can live with that, though.

Back