Question Visual Studio could not copy a support file to this location...

Suhi100

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I started VB.net not so long ago and I created a windows form application , which I have succefully published. It works ok but I reailized I needed to make some changes the source code. So now when I open visual basic 2008 and the application within and I run debug to check if it works as intended I got the following error message:

Visual Studio could not copy a support file to this location C:\Project\Model\Model\bin\Debug\Model.vbhost.exe

If I close and reopen VB I can run debug but then if I make any changes in the code the same message pops up and I have to close and reopen VB again.

Can someone help me what the above message mean and how to solve the issue so that I can make changes to the code after having it published without this message?

Regards,

Suhi

There may be something broken in your VS or .NET installation so I would try repairing that first. There's no guarantee that that will fix it though, and finding the cause of issues like this can be frustrating. Does the same thing happen with other projects? Does the same thing happen if you go into the project properties and turn off the VS hosting process?

Hi
Yes it happens with all projects that have been published.
I turned off VS hosting process, got a notification message about security I clicked ok and it works fine. No more error messages thanks

Back