Question Visual Studio 2012 Hints and Tips for Beginners

Looks like Microsoft have swept this one under the carpet, and that the IE10 issue is being ignored despite the evidence posted here. Maybe iecompat1 only tested using the Metro version of IE10 and not the Desktop version like I reported?

After review of the issue you are describing we feel this issue would be better served by our support team. We have joined the forum and tested you report, we are not able to repro what you have stated.
Please consider engaging our support team to report any incident you are experiencing with Window 8 IE10 - please report the incident as a possible candidate for servicing via hotfix. Please visit https://support.microsoft.com/gp/internet-explorer-10 for support for Internet Explorer 10.

They then closed the incident report. How rude :hopelessness:

So it's Google Chrome as workaround from now on ...

If anyone is interested in persuading MS to fix the bug in IE10 then please click the "me too" icon at the "closed" defect report here, I am trying to get it re-opened. Apart from the fact that it doesn't accept the Enter key strokes, IE10 is quite nice. :torn:

http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...ktop-problem-using-forum-wysiwyg-editors#tabs

Last edited:
There has been an update on the connect.microsoft.com site concerning this, and my thanks to Ahmad Saleem:

Posted by Ahmad Saleem on 18/01/2013 at 23:18
vBulletin 4.1.4+ all versions are using CK Editor, whose latest releases 3.6.6 and 4.0.1 fixed this issue, so it is better for vbulletin to update their third party editors to get update rather than IE implementing half baked workaround.

I see that this forum uses vBulletin 4.2.0, so I am puzzled why this problem is occurring at all - has the latest version of CK Editor also been incorporated - i.e. CK Editor 3.6.6 or 4.0.1 ?

It still annoys me that Microsoft closed my defect report saying "It is not reproducible". Clearly the problem is easily reproducible and the problem is well known to everyone ... except Microsoft IE10 developers.
As to "IE implementing a half baked workaround", the problem has been caused by IE 10. It does not occur in Google Chrome or in Mozilla Firefox, nor with earlier releases of IE prior to v10.
I think the more correct statement was made in this thread earlier "IE 10 is toast". Burned toast at that. And the IE developers will continue burning the toast while they are unable or unwilling to fix known defects.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
Back