Question Videos in forms

ucp8

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add videos to VB.NET forms? If so how can this be done? Can you add links to your own videos on your machine or can you add links to youtube videos that will then appear in your form?

Can this be achieved through using controls from the tool box or is there specific code that is required?

Also do you know what video types are supported?

Thanks for your help with this

Thanks for the information Strider.

I got Demo Builder which outputs .swf files. Does anyone know what control can be used to place these videos in VB.NET forms or if it can be done at all? I have tried dagging the .swf file onto the form but it will not work.

The only other way I can think about doing it is to create and host the webpages then include a hyperlink to the videos but it would be much better if I could actualy house them in a form.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Solved the problem. To use a Flash movie in a Vb form you firstly have to add the Shockwave Flash object tool to your toolbox. Then you have to set the full pathname of the video using the .Movie property. Hope this helps someone else, took a it of time getting used to the control and leaning what properties ad be be set

Back