vertical,horizontal and cascade???

h0T

Programming Experience
Beginner
vertical,horizontal and cascade??? n statusbar currently

Hi dennis(h0t) here... i'm new to vb.net n just only start to learn... can anyone tell or guide me wat is the coding for vertical,horizontal and cascade.. without havin that scroll bar...
Example is that when press vertical(two forms that apper will be in vertical type)

Pls Pls PLs .... :)

dennis

Last edited:
Are you working with MDI forms? And want to tile them vertically, horizontally, or cascade them?

If so, use (as an example):
VB.NET:
Me.LayoutMdi(MdiLayout.TileVertical)

This code is in the MdiParent form. To tile horizontally or to cascade, use one of the other MdiLayout enumerations.

Last edited:
Thankz for tellin me the answer.. oh k i did put it in my parent form.. but y i still cant get it?? consufed
Private Sub HorizontalMenu_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles HorizontalMenu.Click

Me.LayoutMdi(MdiLayout.TileHorizontal)

End Sub

Private Sub VerticalMenu_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles VerticalMenu.Click

Me.LayoutMdi(MdiLayout.TileVertical)

End Sub

Private Sub CascadeMenu_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CascadeMenu.Click

Me.LayoutMdi(MdiLayout.Cascade)

End Sub

Could you describe you application?

Do you have MdiChild forms open and nothing happens when you click the menuItems that include the aboe event handlers?

thankz paszt.. very big thankz to u for help me..but i'm still consufed sorry!!!:confused:

hmm i'm very consufed with child form n parents form.. izzit that parent form is the main form.. then wat is child form??? izzit a child form is another form that we create as new one.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Izzit that there is any different between vb.net n mdi..

thankz again to u paszt.. very big thankz

An MDI (Multiple Document Interface) application is one where there is a Main Form that usually contains only a Menu and some Toolbars (could have other features such as a panel on the right with buttons, ...). An example is older versions of MS Word. When you click File -> New, a document is created (which is another form) but it is contained in the main form. You can open many new documents (the documents would be the MdiChild forms) and all are contained in the main form. When you minimize the main form, all of it's children are also minimized.

See this thread for a How To: "In form" windows[url]

If this doesn't answer your questions, fell free to elaborate more on what you're trying to do. :)

oh k Paszt thankzz a lot for yur help..in that vertical , horizontal n cascade
Paszt can i got to ask question ??
Oh k i dont understand wat is the use of context menu and tooltips
1) How can u put button in tooltips??
2) In context menu, how can i put options to display my forms??:confused:

To use tooltips, place a tooltip control on the form. The tooltip control is an extender control, so the property setting will show up in the properties for the button (and any other control that can accept tootips). To set the tooltip, select the button and set the property. The property will be called 'Tooltip on <nameOfTooltipControl>'.

To have a context menu that can open a form, place a context control on the form, Edit it and add whatever text you want, name the MenuItem what you want, and double click it to add an event handler to the code window. In the event handler, use code similar to this:
VB.NET:
Dim frm as New frmNew()
frm.show

a very much big big big thankz to u paszt.. for helpin me

oh k i alreadi put the tooltip on my form. but i cant find the property settin for the button.. y?? izzit that we have to declare something first?? :confused: .....

about the context menu izzit that after create a context menu n edit something
(example : i type edit menu in context menu after i double click it.. so it will show .. the below is wat i double it in context menu
Private Sub MenuItem1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MenuItem1.Click
izzit declare dim here????? :confused:
End Sub
)

oh k i think i did the context menu part alreadi.. izzit we press the context menu on the parent to the contextmenu that we create ... during we run the program.. n when press right click it will show wat we wrote in the context menu right?? izzit correct

n about tooltip to use to tooltip first we have to create a toolbar first ... izzit that the way??

hhmmm i think it is correct but y when i press the toolbar once it come everything come out??
my code is like this

Private
Sub ToolBar1_ButtonClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs) Handles ToolBar1.ButtonClick
Dim room1 As New Rooms

room1.Show()
Dim guest1 As New Guests

guest1.Show()
Dim charges1 As New Charges

charges1.Show()

End Sub
i did try to put if sentence but error show there??? :confused:

hmmm how to put a panel for text message in statusbar????

Perhaps you should begin a new thread with each question you have :).

The context menu I believe you have correct. A context menu is (usually) a menu that opens when a control is right clicked.

A tooltip is a small message that pops up when you hover over a control (default is a yellow background, it is usually used to explain the function of a control). There is no need to have a toolbar first, although toolbars can have tooltips (as can buttons and most other controls).

About the If sentence (statement), show your code.

To add a panel to the statusBar, click the ellipsis (button with ...) next to the 'Panel' property of the statusbar; add a panel in the dialog and set it's properties. Make sure to set the 'ShowPanels' property of the statusBar to True.

Sorry because i see easy to reply hehe..n Thankz again for yur guide again...

Oh k about the statusbar i did alreadi wat u say but for the panel textmessage bar alreadi but can i code it like how it show like the statusbar in explorer
(example is like statusbar in explorer.. show downloadin bar n ready bar)
in my main form i did put somethin on it.. like
Private Sub EdwardMotel_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

StatusBar1.Panels(0).Text = " Ready "

End Sub

so the my statusbar will show ready right...
but can i show it like the explorer's statusbar??

PrivateSub ToolBar1_ButtonClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs) Handles ToolBar1.ButtonClick
Dim room1 AsNew Rooms

room1.Show()

if guest1.activeform.close() then (Ps i thik this is wrong hehe!!;) )
or toolbar1.buttons(0).text = guests.show .. hehe also got problem
endif
Dim guest1 AsNew Guests

guest1.Show()
Dim charges1 AsNew Charges

charges1.Show()

EndSub

Last edited:
Back