VB.NET Windows Installer Runtime Error

jpb33

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am trying to build a windows installer for my vb.net application. When I go to build the solution I get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
Program:...Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jpb33 said:
I am trying to build a windows installer for my vb.net application. When I go to build the solution I get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
Program:...Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello,
am i wrong or you are building windows installer by Installshield Express for VB.NET?
Additionally, it may be that this is caused by 3rd Party Visual Studio plug-ins that are not functioning correctly and that uninstalling them could solve the problem.

Kind regards ;)

Last edited:
I recently had the same error message after my initial installation of MS VB.NET 2003. Every time I tried to create a new project for a solution I received the following:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: ...Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
abnormal program termination
Then the program would shut down, after I clicked OK.
I found out that my Windows Script was corrupt. I reinstalled Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en and now the problem is gone.

Back