VB.NET multiple forms and lists

Adhis

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have been trying to get help with this for several days. Could somebody please help me? I have already created my forms as follows:
StoreForm: this is the main menu. It has 4 choices. When I click on each of these choices I get a form for each choice. I can then select items to buy from each of these 4 forms. I have no idea how to code my selection so my shopping list appears on a seperate form(SelectionForm). I would also like to delete one item from my shopping list if I choose to. Thanks. Adhis

StoreForm
Children’s Department
Misses’ Department
Men’s Department
Women’s Department

ChildrenForm
Jeans-C $12.99
Sweater-C $7.99
Capri-C $9.99

AddButton

MissesForm
Summer Dress-M $39.99
Suit-M $99.99
Skirt-M $16.99

AddButton

MensForm
Suit-N $350.00
Shirt-N $15.99
Tie-N $12.99

AddButton

WomensForm
Dress-W $62.99
Jeans-W $35.99
Suit-W $99.99

AddButton

SelectionForm
1 Jeans-C
3 Shirt-N
2 Tie-N
1 Capri_C
2 Dress-W
1 Jeans-W

DeleteButton

Temp Tables or public datatable

You should look into creating a temporary Table or a Public DataTable to store the selected items. Since it is shared you can add items from different forms. You can also display the items selected (Shopping Cart) and allow the shopper to add/edit/delete the records. When shopping is complete you could check-out and write the records to the database and send and invoice/sales slip.
All kinds of information and sample code out there for everything I mentioned here.

Keep posting your specific questions and get specific answers - a lot of really sharp people here.

look here:
http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/showthread.php?t=4298

Last edited:
I have done several searches but did not come across anything close to what I'd like to accomplish. So could you please provide more info?

Back