Question VB com Web Service add in for Ms Access

ballybeg

Programming Experience
10+
Hi all,

I am a long time Access developer, now keen to get my legacy systems operating with the power of .net. My new jobs are all build in VS, butI have a few important legacy systems that I need to keep in Access.

The one problem I keep hitting when using various web services (managed by vb.net but consumed within Access) is with complex data structures, typically where the return structure contains arrays.

Rather than post the code, which covera both .net and vba, (which works from access > vb.net) I thought I would talk in a conceptual scenario:

As an example, say I have an object called BetResponse. In simple terms this bet response is returned after my application places a series of bets on a horse race.

BetResponse contains: 1) Batch success as a bln 2) Array of bets with individual responses (success as bln and wagerid as Long)

My code works fine placing the bets, but when I want to inspect the return object in Access I can never drill down the array to get array elements - I get a 450 error :" Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment"

In vb.net I can inspect the object thus: BetResponse.responses(0).wagerid In Access, I am guessing the late binding prevents intellisense showing any of the elements. I CAN successfully see the BetResponse.success boolean, my I can not figure out the correct syntax of how to get to the array elements.

ballybeg

Back