VB 2008 power pack 2.0

RonR

Programming Experience
5-10
I have the power pack installed that is supposed to add shapes & lines to my toolbox but they are not there, anybody had this issue?

I only found one pack labeled "Visual Basic 2005 Power Packs 2.0", installed it and it didn't show up in neither Studio versions toolbox actually. But you can use context menu on the toolbox tab you want them and select "choose items...". Now in the dialogs .Net tab you sort by Namespace to easier find all in Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks and select the LineShape, OvalShape and RectangleShape. These are assembly version 8.0 by the way. The PrintForm powerpack component was already there in my 2008 Express under PowerPacks toolbox tab, in the choose items dialog both assembly versions of this component lists, 8.0 and 9.0.

With Visual Studio 2008 you can also create WPF projects that have their own controls, among them these shapes from System.Windows.Shapes namespace, adding to that Path, Polygon and PolyLine controls.

Both project types have a special host control to include controls from the other, WPF has the WindowsFormsHost, Windows Application has the ElementHost (WPF Interoperability tab).

lines, shapes

ok and thanks.

I now have a square, line, oval.

I created a square and I can't remove it from the form, I right click on the square and no menu appears to remove the square.

what is going on?

lines, shapes

I created a line and a shape on a form, now I cannnot get them to delete.

when I right click the menu does not come up that gives the option of deleting the line or the shape.

does anybody know what is going on with this.

is it a bug?

You can click to select it and press delete button on keyboard. Those controls don't have designer context menus.

that worked to a point.

VB 2008 crashed and when I opened it back up the lines, ovals and rectangle were gone from the tool menu

I haven't seen that yet.

it sent an error report to microsoft.

it is working now.

after I installed the power pack 2.0, I had to remove this power pack to get the printing compatibility working again:

Microsoft.Visualbasic.Powerpacks.VS

do you have any idea why?

thanks very much for solving my Delete issue.

Back