User generated interfaces

jcarley

Programming Experience
3-5
I'm developing a software that handles very specific regional standards. In one part of the country they have different standards for entering this data than they do in other parts of the country. In fact there are hundreds or thousands of possible configurations that would be best in various regions.

The solution I've come up with is to write a program that can load different control configurations with the supporting code to its main form at runtime. I do not know how to accomplish this. Would I use visual inheritance at runtime? Would I use a plugin system? I just need to potentially allow a power user to design thier own interface or to modify an existing interface to better suit thier needs. Any suggestions?

Edit: Is there a way to define the base class of a form at runtime? Could I create user controls in a plugin and pass them in to the host program?

Last edited:
Why not use CultureInfo (CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)?

Check out all the functions of System.Globilization

I did some checking on that and it doesnt seem like that would do the trick. There arent enough options for customization. I need users to be able to make complete forms with code and have it load on my main form. Thanks for the reply though. Keep it coming please. I really appreciate the help.

Back