Use 2 datagridviews togeather

diverdan

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there

I am in desperate need of some help.

I have made a form that I want to use to make orders. There are 2 datagrids (grdItems & grdSearchItems ) a textbox (txtAmount) and a command button.

What I am trying to do is select a row from grdSearchItems I only want to select the 1st 3 columns from that datagrid and want the value from the textbox.

Then finally use the value from the 3rd column and * it by txtAmount to give a final result in grdItems.

So the grid would have 5 columns of data.

Can anyone help me out on this one or point me in the right direction of some reading to help me with this.

:( Thank you.

Thanks for moving this I didn't see this forum.

I might not have explained what im trying to do clearly enough.

I am just moving over from access & VBA so its a big learning curve.

I don't know if I am thinking down the right part with what im trying to do but I am really hoping someone can help me out a little.

I am trying to make a form for purchasing. I am not 100% sure if I am doing it the right way.

With the form that I have made I have 1 datagrid that basically shows all the products within my store.
What I am wanting to do is select an item from this datagrid and also have a textbox where I add the amount I wish into and have a command button which I press that basically transfers the data from the datagrid and also the textbox into another datagrid.

I will then set a piece of code that takes the information from the new datagrid and add into a table within my database.

I would really really be very grateful if anyone could help me out.

Thank you

Back