URGENT:conversion of vb pro to .net

rohini_shewale

Programming Experience
Beginner
HELLO:) I developed project in vb but i want to convert it into vb.net.

i tried, i got errors for following controls:
when i delete these controls it converts vb into vb.net

but i want to use these controls in my project.
1) DataGrid
2)Common dialog Box
3)Crystal report Designers

Please help......

I apologise if this isn't helpful, but the VS.NET 2003 toolbox contains a DataGrid as well as Open, Save, etc. dialogue boxes. If your old controls won't convert automatically, perhaps you'll need to add the new versions and paste your code in pieces, editing each piece to work before pasting the next. I can't really comment on Crystal as I've never used it.

in vb6 (vb pro) there was 1 dialogbox control to open, save, print, colorpicker, etc but in .net there are seperate dialogbox controls for those so you'll have to convert what you can, then go back and add the dialogbox controls seperatly as needed

as for the datagrid control well they completely re-did the datagrid control for .net (which is much better and more flexible) so you'll want to add that one in your project after the conversion

the .net framework comes with a crystal report viewer control that works very nicely but that's all it does is displays the report. VS.net 2003 Pro/Academic and higher (yes visual studio.net, not just vb.net) comes with the crystal reports designer, just start a new reports project (on the startup screen for vb.net) and you can start making your report
otherwise you can download the trial version of crystal reports (pay for it if you're going to keep using it) and use the crystal reports viewer in vb.net to view the reports

hope that helps

Back