Update Reference At Design Time

monkey81

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi... regards to everyone...

I have a detail with VS 2003.

I'm creating a control heritated from a windows forms control and a class library too. And i'm using a independent project to tested. To tested i'm creating a reference to the dll file generated in each case, not the project that generates the control or the class library. Well, i'm finding problems to update the reference when i change something of the control or the class library. In the test project, i try with the UPDATE button in the Solution Explorer window, but doesn't work. I have to delete the reference and add it again to view the changes that i've made. There's some way to do this automatically? Or just, i can't 'cause i'm reference the dll and not the project??

Thanks for your help... Regards! to everyone...

First make sure you have the latest VS2003 update SP1, they may have included studio fixes that apply.

My suggestion is to combine the test project and class library project into one solution, the assemblies will still build independently. I did a simple test and some control changes didn't update with just assembly reference, but with combined solution they did by just rebuilding. To do this either just add new test project to the solution where the class library project belongs, or from the solution where test application project belongs you Add Existing project to add the class library project.

Latest posts

Back