Update database online with a windows form

daveofgv

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello All -

My company has a client which has an online document managment system that retrieves information about there invoices. They gave me a very long excel sheet that two of the fields in the online database needs to be changed (the data in the field not the actaul database field itself). I can either use SQL or ACCESS to hold the data that needs to be updated or excel. I need it to reach out to the database - find the field based on a key field and update the other feilds.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to do this - this is kinda a rush job?

I am not asking anyone to do this for me since I can probably do it myself - however, I need to know which direction to go.

Thanks in advanced.

daveofgv

Please define EXACTLY what you mean by "an online database". What database server is it and how EXACTLY are you supposed to connect to it? Are you supposed to actually connect via HTTP or via a web service or something else? Vague descriptions don't really help because there are too many possibilities. If you don't know the answers to these questions then you need to ask the customer.

Back