Question Unable to FTP Files using Windows Service

anukul

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I have a Console Application which is used to post a file to an FTP site using the System.Diagnostics.Process.
This has been working fine for us.

I now tried to have the same functionality in a Windows Service which would automatically post teh Files whenever a new file is created.

I have used exactly the same methods and functions which were used for the console Application, but this time i am not able to post the Files.

I also tried creating a Windows application but this time the application is not able to Red the Standard output of the Process.

Does anybody have any idea about this.
I feel that i am missing out some additional property settings which are required fro Windows Application or Windows Service to perform the FTP function.

Not sure off the top of my head, but maybe it has something to do with user rights - what user is the service running under and do they have permission to access what they need?

Sorry - I just re-read what you wrote. Services don't have standard output and input as far as I know - you only really get that with Console apps. You could use Remoting or something to control the service to get it to pass in the parameters you need.

Back