UI creation

ramanaths

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey all

I was wondering if it is possible to create an application with an interface similar to the VS.NET UI.

I am trying to see if I can have a toolbar like object (with the sliding sections) and the solution explorer / properties 'tabs' which slide in and out of the screen on a mouse over.

Any help with possible links / code pls.:)

Thnx.

oh yeah there are few trhird party controls available that can do the trick. if u r interested i ll post the links as well (atleast few which i knew but i m afriad these are not free)

.NET 2.0 adds the functionality you are looking for in the form of the MenuStrip and ToolStrip. The other stuff you could just do with Splitters and mouse events, although I'd guess that it's still rather complex.

I've also had a brief mess about with the XP Common Controls from steepvalley and they do look good and seem useful, although I'm yet to use them in anger. I believe I may well have found it through windowsforms.net also.

thnx 4 all yor responses. i'l look at the 3rd party tools avlbl. also gud 2 c tht these features wil b avlbl in .NET 2.0.
i went about buildin the UI with the splitter, scroll bars 'n mouse events... it started gettin a lil messy so stopped it altogether.

Back