Two things really...about Northwind

MarceeMarc

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello all,
New to the forum and relatively new to VB. I have two questions, and apologies if these have been answered before, but have done a search and have had no luck.
Is there a sample Northwind application/front end that I can download and peruse?
Secondly, I have been putting together an application of my own and before trying this in my small app, I tried it with Northwind, but with no luck. I was trying to create an order form using info from Employees, Customers, Orders, Order Details and Products tables. The relationship node showed up in the data sources windows of VS for Customers/Orders/OrderDetails and Employees/Orders/OrderDetails(with an Employees node also, which I didn't understand). What I can't understand is why there is no node between OrderDetails/Products, but the node does exist when opening the main Products node. I have noticed that in SQL Server, the relationship that exists between OrderDetails/Products is PK, FK and that probably is something to do with it, but after a week and more of fiddling and searching, I really am stumped. I hope this makes sense, and if it does, I hope someone can explain to me what is going on!

Many thanks,

MarceeMarc

Hello again,
After more thinking, I wonder if this node thing I was talking about above is to do with the relationship that exists between products and order details. Is it the case that the Products table is the Parent (the one) and the OrderDetails table is the child(the many)? Thanks for any help with this. As I said, I'm new to this and while I can work with the applications well enough, my knowledge of concepts and terminology remains scant.
Thanks

MarceeMarc

Back