Trying to deploy console application for scheduled tasks?

ron Kunce

Programming Experience
10+
I have developed a multi-threaded VB.NET console application with VISUAL STUDIO 2005 that reads and writes SQL Server 2K data, after having called a third-party webservice to do specialized processing for each record. It is supposed to be scheduled to run automatically from an application server once for every two week payroll cycle.

It tests and works fine from my workstation, but when I try to deploy it to a server and run the .exe from there, it takes a non-specific security error of some kind and fails. I have checked the folder security setting and all look good for autorized users including myself. I have not been able to find any definitive articles on the topic. Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong or direct me to an article explaining how to deploy console apps which talks about needed security settings?

Error Message received:

Error signature ------------------------------------------------------------------
EventType: clr20r3 P1: pt-topt payroll update.exe P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 48af0de4 P4: pt-to-pt payroll update P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 48af0de4 P7: 14 P8: 98 P9: system.security.security

Reporting Details --------------------------------------------------------------
This error report includes: infornationregarding the condition of Pt-to-Pt Payroll Update when the problem occurred: The operating system version and computer hardware is use: your Digital Product ID, which could bue used to identify your license and Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

The actual report lists every .dll and includes a large hex dump of the program. I could not discern any recognizable error messages, but if you can read it, I provide it on request.

Suggest you go through some of the "clr20r3" threads on the internet. One of the reasons could be a dependency issue. When you say "run the .exe" does this mean you have full control regarding deployment of dependencies?

Back