Question Transparency Key Pr: Unable to successfully port the application to another computer!

Programming Experience
3-5
I created a background image for the form with rounded corners. I filled the outer edges and empty space with Lime color (00FF00) and then set the same transparency key in the properties for my form. It worked well, the edges were transparent and the form appeared round-edged. This was accomplished with Visual Studio .NET 2005 on Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

The very same application was ported to a different platform. Visual Studio .NET 2005 on Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit. All the settings are the same and nothing has been changed. But the transparency effect is not appearing on the Windows XP platform.

I cannot trace the problem. Please help. Thank you.

I didn't get the question. I changed the BackColor to Purple and TransparencyKey to same... Nothing happened.
Then I changed the BackColor to Purple and TransparencyKey back to Lime, nothing happened... :(

Thanks... It already is solved... There are a few glitched but that's a whole new story.
I did this... Made the edges of the background image transparent so that the BackColor of form was visible on the edges. Then changed BackColor of the form to Lime and the same for TransparencyKey. It works fine. But, as I said earlier, there are a few problems with that... I need to keep image tiled, if I center the Background Image it doesn't work. But that is okay for now. Maybe I shall try to resolve it later...

Back