Question Transferring Tasklist after VS upgrade?

J. Scott Elblein

Programming Experience
10+
Hey all

I just upgraded from vs2k8 to vs2k10 and after opening up one of my projects from 2k8 in 2k10, the previously filled tasklist data isn't there, just a blank tasklist. Anyone know how to transfer the tasklist data over? :confused:

TIA

By task list, do you mean the 'ToDo, 'Hack, etc tasks you typed in code? or are you talking about the TFS tasks?

Ok, that would be the " 'ToDo, 'Hack, etc tasks you typed in code", which has existed since VS 2005 & work the same in 2008 & 2010, I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your task window anymore in VS 2010. The only way I can think of is that you had some in some subs that the upgrade conversion wizard commented out during the VS 2008 to 2010 project upgrade, but that type of upgrade wouldn't cause any actual code to no longer be able to be used anymore when going from VS 2005 or newer to a newer version. It was a bigger issue when going from VS 2003 to 2005 or 2008 (or 2010 now) but that's not your case here.

Even for .Net 4.0 it works the same: Task List (Visual Studio) and How to: Create Task List Comments

haha, ok, apparently I was in too much of a rush, plus a ton of spacing out - the reason was because I didn't choose "User Tasks" in the drop-down combobox. Think I'm overworked lately ... :p

Back