Track the ms access database changes

swethajain

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
Can anyone please provide me the example of how to track all the changes performed to the database by all the users in a network in one table in the database?

Thanks,
swetha

Access isn't really the database for that kind of thing. Something like SQL Server offers triggers, allowing you to write code to be executed when a table changes. I don't know for sure but I doubt that Access offers such a feature. You'd have to incorporate the SQL to update an audit table into your existing save code. The problem there is that Jet doesn't support multi-statement commands. That means you'd have to use stored procedures, or whatever passes for them in Access.

Thank you so much. And i have one more doubt regarding email. I have an application, when any employee enter the leave record details after clicking ok an email will be genertaed and sent to the team lead. is it possible like the team lead presses ok in the mail received immediately an email will be generated to the employee & the information gets updated in the database?

Back