ToolStrip question

Fion

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all, I have a quick question about the behavior of a toolstrip. Now I have 1 toolstrip on a form, and it is docked on the top. Somehow the behaviour is set that where the toolbar is, acts like the top of the page (ie. you cannot put other controls over or under it, and it moves everything down when added). I want to add a new toolstrip, and get that same behavior, but the new toolstrip just sits on top of the other conrtols. I want it to move them down automatically.
Does anyone know what setting this is?
Thanks!

Fion,

The trick is to use layering, when you want an item on top, right click on the item and choose "SendToBack".

Hope this helps,
-Josh

What Joshdbr says is quite correct, but you will have more control using the Document Outline window. It can usually be opened with Ctrl+Alt+T. It will give you a hierarchical view of the controls on your form with the vertical ordering matching the z-order. You can drag and drop controls and also use a tool bar to change the z-order and parent container of your controls. It's also a good way to select a control that is covered by another.

Back