Too many choices!

datajunky

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm new to this BBS and it looks very good but my only first impression is that I can't decide where to post my question... there are so many categories and so many would possibly fit my question so I cant decide where to post.

Mathew

actually it may seem like a lot of sections, but if you also notice this is a very well organized forum (unlike just about every other programming forum i've seen) if we had just a "general" board for each section then every thread would be listed all on that one board in which case i'm horrible at using databases on winforms, this way i can skip all the database related threads because in the VB.NET section there is a "Database" board

i like that

I agree that there are a lot of sections but they are logically selected and organised. I think that in all but the rarest cases it should take next to no time to determine which is the correct area to start a thread. If we all make the effort to post in the most suitable area it makes it easier to determine whether our question has already been answered, e.g. the now infamous "How do I share data between forms?".

Back