Resolved The new windows live

JuggaloBrotha

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
So MS pushed it out via MS Updates last week and I had it installed automatically (of course). Right off the bat I see that it's not really a messenger anymore, they've pushed the buddy list off to the side and cramped it down to make room for the app being a webbrowser now, what's up with that? Do we really need a MS IE clone built into the Live Messenger?

Does anyone know how to remove the browser crap and bring it down to just a buddy list in the main window? I'm not seeing any options to allow this messenger to actually just be a messenger.

At window top left there's a Switch to Compact (regular) / Full button.

omg, that thing is a clickable button? I must be getting pretty old to not see stuff like that anymore

Yeah, to me it looked like a "minimize to contacts" icon, which was the first thing I wanted to do when I got the whole MSN web page in the contact list. :)
I have to add, I do like to browse the lightly dressed gossip of MSN, but that is something I get every time I log out of Hotmail anyway, ie several times a day, and in a proper session with the web browser of choice.
I guess the other option, Social, is more useful in this context.

Back