Tabstrip Image Flicker Problem

superservo15

Programming Experience
10+
Surprisingly I haven't found very much ont his at all.

We have a tabstrip whose tabs are images.
Here is the client side code

VB.NET:
<ie:tabstrip id="TabPolicy" onclick="Tabstrip1_SelectedIndexChange" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"
    NAME="Tabstrip1">
    <ie:Tab Text="Name" ID="name"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Coverage" ID="Coverage"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Premium" ID="Premium"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Financial" ID="Financial"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Tax" ID="Tax"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Underwriting" ID="Underwriting"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Claims" ID="Claims"></ie:Tab>
    <ie:Tab Text="Beneficiary" ID="Beneficiary"></ie:Tab>

</ie:tabstrip>

and on the server side we are filling each tab object with the image as followed:

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Attributes.Add("onclick", "Tabstrip1_SelectedIndexChange();")

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(0).Text = " "
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(0).SelectedImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabNameOpen", CompanyID)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(0).HoverImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabNameOpen", CompanyID)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(0).DefaultImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabNameClosed", CompanyID)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(1).Text = ""
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(1).SelectedImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabCoverageOpen", CompanyID)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(1).HoverImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabCoverageOpen", CompanyID)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TabPolicy.Items(1).DefaultImageUrl = CNFLibrary.ResourceManager.GetMessage("TabCoverageClosed", CompanyID)
[/SIZE]
etc...

Basically we have the image links stored in the DB for localization and the ResourceManager.GetMessage gets the links based on the Key passed in. URLs are all correct.

However, the first time we load the tabstrip it will flicker when you do the hover. How can i preload these images and call them so that the flicker will not happen.

Thanks in advance :)

Back