Tabbed browser project tutorial

SemiAuto40

Programming Experience
3-5
First of all I am a newbie with VB.net. Working on tutorials as I find on the net. Found a tutorial for a tabbed browser. Followed instructions using the "axwebbrowser" control. Read later on forums that one should be using "webbrowser" control unless a reason to do otherwise. Tried to change over the instances of axwebbrowser for webbrowser... now part of it is disabled. Essentially the tutorial made a form1.vb with a large tabcontrol1 filling it. Next made a form tab.vb and put the webbrowser1 control in it as well as combo boxes and buttons browser-like above the webbrowser1 control. What I want to do is open form1 and have it launch tab.vb (the browser GUI) on a tab which later I can add more tabs along side it for other sites visited.

I know this must be very easy but I keep getting some error about an activex control and enter event not being supported. I'm trying real hard to learn how to use Video Studio VB as I believe it is my best shot of ever making a Windows app for PC or other device eventually.

Would someone straighten me out with sample code to do this... and keep in mind I am a chimp with a keyboard.

Thank you in advance!

Here's my own example of a tabbed web browser:

Tabbed WebBrowser

This looks very good as I try to understand it. The latest zip file is May 22, 2008 it appears. I download it and get prompted for password to extract it by the peazip program. I am admin on my PC. I can see your early posts code but would like to see the zip for the updated. Attempts to migrate the files give a flag about the files being read only. I have Visual Studio Express 2012 VB version. Ideas?

Thanks.

This looks very good as I try to understand it. The latest zip file is May 22, 2008 it appears. I download it and get prompted for password to extract it by the peazip program. I am admin on my PC. I can see your early posts code but would like to see the zip for the updated. Attempts to migrate the files give a flag about the files being read only. I have Visual Studio Express 2012 VB version. Ideas?

Thanks.

I did not put a password on that archive so if there's an issue then it's at your end. After you download the file, are you unblocking it in Windows Explorer before extracting it? Windows considers web downloads like that unsafe until you explicitly tell it otherwise.

I have just stumbled on fix to the barrier that I had with the tabbed browser. On Form1 I set a tabcontrol, but on the tutorial the presenter clicked a couple of times on the individual tabs and the tab body deleting both the auto created newtab1 and newtab2 which if done correctly leaves a large area with the name TabControl1. Once I did the deleting of the tabs created upon adding the tab control from tools, the code adding new tabs worked in the Form1.vb without throwing errors. Now my tutorial project has been changed from the 'axwebbrowser' control to the recommended 'webbrowser' control successfully. Which was the step that had me stuck. I am thankful for the project link you gave me and it will help me figure some OOP out which I am a newborn with.

Thank you for your time!

Back